8 things you should know before attending this year’s Australasian Gaming Expo
- The Australasian Gaming Expo (AGE) was first held in 1990 and has been held every year since, making this year’s AGE the 27th Australasian Gaming Expo. It is the oldest and largest show of its kind in the Asia Pacific region.
- Australian Gaming Machine manufacturers will be launching new games and machines at this year’s event. The AGE is your opportunity to see them first.
- There will be over 50 new exhibitors at this year’s AGE providing everything from Gaming Equipment to marketing support, Amusement machines to point of sales systems, uniforms to cruising. Learn how to identify counterfeit currency and see what the Reserve Bank of Australia has in store for the new Australian banknotes.
- The event is again being held at the Sydney Exhibition Centre @ Glebe Island. Visitors to the event can arrive by complimentary ferry from Darling Harbour, complimentary bus from Central Station and Pyrmont, or taxi or private car. A complimentary shuttle bus will operate between the Sydney domestic airport terminal T3 and Sydney Exhibition Centre @ Glebe Island on the operational days of the expo. All airport shuttle trips must be pre-booked. More information about getting to the venue can be found on the event app or the event website.
- Beacon technology will keep you up date with what’s happening throughout the event. Make sure you have downloaded and enabled the mobile app before you arrive at the venue. The app also features an interactive event floor-plan so you can locate exhibitors by name or category. You can download the app from the Apple store or Google Play. For more information visit the AGE website.
- This Sydney Exhibition Centre @ Glebe Island is located on the Sydney Harbour foreshore at Glebe Island and enjoys views of both the Harbour Bridge and the Anzac Bridge. This historic Sydney location has had many uses. During World War 2 it was a USA Army Depot and more recently it was used as a filming location for Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby. The current venue was repurposed from the 2012 London Olympics. After arriving in Australia it was reconstructed on a concrete slab the size of five football fields. The 2016 AGE will be using all four Halls of the venue for this year’s event.
- Visitors attending the show have the opportunity to win a trip for two to visit G2E, held in Las Vegas in September. One trip for two will be drawn on each of the operational days of the AGE. More information is available from the event app and the event website.
- Visitor registrations are open. Visitors can register to attend via the event website austgamingexpo.com